Sailing Cairns with Ocean Spirit sailing tours to Michaelmas Cay
Sailing Cairns with Ocean Spirit glides along the Coral Sea on a 32-metre sailing catamaran. Sail and Snorkel Michaelmas Cay offers a relaxing day.
During the day, there will be sailing and snorkelling the world-famous Great Barrier Reef.
After the 90-minute sail tour, you will arrive at the unique Michaelmas Cay. This picturesque sand island is rich in historical and environmental significance.
Michaelmas Cay is located at the tip of Michaelmas Reef. You will see the coral and marine life thriving here.
Next, you can enjoy the reef on many different levels, from snorkelling to diving or the semi-submersible coral viewing tour.
Ocean Spirit has options for all levels of swimming experience so everyone can enjoy the Reef.
Imagine if you could wake up on the reef?! Click HERE to view an awesome liveaboard package!
Your Adventure Begins
07:30 – Check-in at Ocean Spirit’s counter in the Reef Fleet Terminal
08:00 – Boarding commences. Morning tea with muffin and focaccia served.
After that, it’s time to get underway!
08:30 – Depart Cairns
09:00 – Reef Brief, safety, and snorkel demonstration
09:30 – Marine Biologist slide show presentation
10:00 – Dive brief for introductory divers
10:30 – Arrive at Michaelmas Cay. Reef activities commence:
- Fish feeding presentation
- Semi-submersible coral viewing tour
- Introductory scuba diving. (Dive sessions are 11:00am, 12:15pm, 1:30pm)
Noon – Buffet lunch onboard
13:00 – Continue Reef activities
14:30 – Afternoon Tea onboard
15:30 – Commence sailing back to Cairns. Enjoy complimentary sparkling wine along with cheese and crackers.
17:00 – Arrive back in Cairns
Your cruise includes:
– Return Ocean Spirit cruise from Cairns
– Experience 4 hours at Michaelmas Cay on the Reef.
– Morning tea with muffins and focaccia
– Afternoon tea with tropical fruit platter and cake of the day.
– Hot and cold buffet lunch, including fresh prawns.
– Snorkelling equipment, lycra suits.
– Buoyancy vests.
– Marine Biologist presentation.
– Semi-submersible coral viewing tour with commentary.
– Fish feeding presentation on arrival.
– Glass of complimentary sparkling wine served on the homeward journey, with cheese and crackers.
What to Bring:
– Hat and shirt for sun protection. We recommend marine-friendly sunscreen.
– Swimwear and towel.
– Professional photo service on board (additional cost).
– Cash or credit card for option activities or onboard purchases.
Coach transfers provided by Quicksilver Connections and Down Under Tours
- Your camera and also Go Pro
- Swimming costume, towel in addition to a hat and sunscreen
- Cash or credit card for onboard purchases, souvenirs or optional activities
Safety Comes First!
It is always our mission to provide our passengers with the very best Great Barrier Reef experience.
Queensland, Australia has some of the strictest scuba diving rules in the world. It also has the safest scuba diving record. The Queensland Government Code of Practice regulates us, and we comply with all regulations.
We recommend that our passengers complete our dive medical questionnaire before booking as some medical conditions, age and medications may prevent you from scuba diving.
We are happy to help you with any questions you may have. Please contact our office on 07 4037 2700 or email us at [email protected]
Or you may like to consult your Doctor for a Dive Medical using the Australian Standard Forms ‘AS.4005.1
Flying after Scuba Diving
For a single no decompression scuba dive, you should not fly or go to altitude for at least 18 hours after a scuba dive. For multiple dives, you should not fly for 24 hours after your last dive.
If Skydiving or Hot Air Ballooning you must wait 24 hours after your dive.
We recommend waiting a minimum of 24 hours whenever possible.