- Underwater Observatory
- Scenic helicopter flights
- Scuba doo
Get ready to embark on an unforgettable adventure with our Green Island and Great Barrier Reef Tour! Discover your day with us and make the most of this incredible island and reef combo. Here’s a breakdown of your day:
Departure Tims from Cairns and Green Island
- You have the flexibility to choose from two departure times: 8 AM or 10 AM.
Check-In and Boarding
- Head over to the Great Adventures Reservations Counter inside the Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal to obtain your boarding pass.
- Enjoy complimentary tea and coffee served until departure, ensuring you start your day on a refreshing note.
Depart for Green Island
- At 8:30 AM (for the 8 AM departure) or 10:30 AM (for the 10 AM departure), we set sail for Green Island.
- During the journey, you’ll have the chance to attend a snorkeling demonstration and watch a Green Island Eco video presentation, providing valuable insights into the island’s unique ecosystem.
Arrive at Green Island
- Around 9:15 AM (for the 8 AM departure) or 11:15 AM (for the 10 AM departure), we’ll arrive at the stunning Green Island.
- Here, you can hop on a Glass Bottom Boat Tour. You can book your tour time onboard with our friendly crew or visit the information counter on the island. The boat tours depart from the bend in the jetty.
Activities at Leisure
- The choice is yours! You have a range of activities to enjoy at your own pace:
- Snorkeling Equipment: Collect your snorkeling gear from the island Dive Shop, which includes a mask, snorkel, and fins. Buoyancy vests and optical masks are also available for hire.
- Self-guided Eco Island Walk: Pick up a booklet from the Information Counter and explore the island’s natural beauty at your leisure.
- Swim and Snorkel: Dive into the clear waters directly from the lifeguard-patrolled beach or take a refreshing dip in the Day Visitor Swimming Pool.
- Lunch and Refreshments: Satisfy your hunger by purchasing lunch and refreshments from the island restaurant and food outlets.
- Optional Activities: Keep an eye out for scheduled optional activities to make your day even more exciting.
- At 2:30 PM (for the 8 AM departure) or 4:30 PM (for the 10 AM departure), we’ll bid farewell to Green Island and begin our journey back to Cairns.
Arrival in Cairns
- Around 3:20 PM (for the 8 AM departure) or 5:20 PM (for the 10 AM departure), we’ll arrive back at the Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal, concluding your fantastic day of exploration.
With the freedom to explore at your own pace and a range of activities to choose from, your Green Island and Great Barrier Reef Tour promises an enriching and memorable experience. So, pack your sense of adventure and get ready to create lasting memories in this tropical paradise!
Great Adventures Cairns Inclusions
Return Air-Conditioned Fast Catamaran Cruise
- Your journey begins with a comfortable and swift ride aboard our air-conditioned catamaran, ensuring a pleasant trip to and from the Great Barrier Reef.
- Morning Tea and Coffee: We’ll start your day with a selection of morning tea and coffee served until departure from Cairns. Get ready to energize yourself for the adventure ahead.
- Morning Tea Cake Selection: Enjoy a delightful assortment of morning tea cakes to satisfy your taste while enjoying the stunning views.
Three (3) Hours at Outer Reef Activity Platform: You’ll have ample time to explore and immerse yourself in the wonders of the Outer Great Barrier Reef. Whether you’re snorkelling, diving, or simply admiring the scenery, there’s something for everyone.
Dive confidently into the crystal-clear waters, as snorkelling equipment is provided for your convenience.
Use of Buoyancy Vests and Lycra/Stinger Suits
Safety and comfort are paramount. You’ll have access to buoyancy vests and lycra/stinger suits to enhance your reef experience.
Reef Education Presentation
Learn about the incredible ecosystem of the Great Barrier Reef through an engaging presentation. Gain insights into the diverse marine life and the importance of reef conservation.
Hot and Cold Buffet Lunch
Refuel with a scrumptious hot and cold buffet lunch on the sundeck. Enjoy a variety of mouthwatering dishes while admiring the breathtaking ocean views.
Semi-Submersible Coral Reef Viewing Tour
Dive deeper into the marine wonderland with a semi-submersible coral reef viewing tour. Witness the vibrant colours and intricate formations of the reef from the comfort of our submerged vessel.
Get up close and personal with the underwater world at our observatory. You’ll be mesmerized by the diversity of marine life right before your eyes.
Guided Eco Reef Talk in the Underwater Observatory
Enhance your understanding of the reef’s ecology with a guided eco reef talk. Our knowledgeable guides will provide fascinating insights into this extraordinary environment.
Afternoon Tea and Coffee
While at the platform, enjoy afternoon tea and coffee, and savour cheese and biscuits on your return journey. It’s the perfect way to wrap up your day of exploration.
With these fantastic inclusions and a friendly, knowledgeable team to assist you every step of the way, your Great Barrier Reef adventure promises to be an unforgettable experience. So, get ready to create memories that will last a lifetime in one of Australia’s most remarkable natural wonders!
What to Bring:
– Hat and shirt for sun protection. We recommend marine-friendly sunscreen.
– Swimwear and towel.
– Professional photo service on board (additional cost).
– Cash or credit card for option activities or onboard purchases.
- Swimming costume, beach towel and also sunglasses.
- Hat, sunscreen and comfortable shoes.
- Money for drinks and souvenirs as well as optional activities.
- A smile and a sense of adventure!
Great Barrier Reef Pontoon Cairns check-in at Reef Fleet Terminal, 1 Spence Street, Cairns from 09:45 am.
Where Can I Park?
There are several parking stations throughout Cairns in walking distance of the Marina. Click here to see where
Important Scuba Diving Information for Cairns Great Barrier Reef tour
It is always our mission to provide our passengers with the very best Great Barrier Reef experience.
Queensland, Australia, has some of the world’s strictest scuba diving rules and the safest scuba diving record. We are regulated by the Queensland Government Code of Practice and comply with all regulations, including medical as is the law.
Would you like to try scuba diving?
To avoid disappointment on your day of travel, we strongly recommend that all of our passengers complete our dive medical questionnaire before booking, as some medical conditions, age, and medications may prevent you from scuba diving.
We are happy to help you with any questions you may have. Please get in touch with our office on 07 4037 2700 or email us at [email protected],
Alternatively, you may like to consult your Doctor for a Dive Medical using the Australian Standard Forms’ AS.4005.1
Flying after Scuba Diving
For a single no decompression scuba dive, you should not fly or go to altitude for at least 18 hours after diving. For multiple dives, you should not fly for 24 hours after your last dive. If Skydiving or Hot Air Ballooning, you must wait 24 hours after your dive. We recommend waiting a minimum of 24 hours whenever possible