Cairns Great Barrier Reef tours cheap
Australia’s Great Barrier Reef tours should be available for everyone to see and this is why our company keep the tours at the best price so everyone can enjoy a trip to see the reef.
This Great Barrier Reef Budget Tour, Compass Cruises is Cairns best value reef tour and a true Cairns icon.
If you’re looking for and a memorable day on Australia’s Great Barrier Reef then Great Barrier Reef Budget Cruise has it all!
We will have you escaping for an unforgettable, relaxed day enjoying our fun leisurely cruise to the Outer Great Barrier Reef.
Snorkel among beautiful corals and a colorful variety of tropical marine life at one of the natural wonders of the world.
About Our Day on Australia’s Great Barrier Reef
Relax on the huge sun deck, see Australia’s Great Barrier Reef from the glass bottom boat (optional extra) or take the “Wild Ride” on the famous Compass Boomnet. Scuba Diving is available as an optional extra for all levels of experience.
This Great Barrier Reef Tour offers something for everyone and can be enjoyed by people of all ages, even those with limited swimming ability.
Tour Highlights & Inclusions
- Up to 5 hours at two Outer Great Barrier Reef locations
- Unlimited Snorkelling. Snorkelling mask, snorkel and fins included for the adults and kids
- Free buoyancy aids – snorkelling vests and noodles
- Delicious BBQ Lunch with fresh salads (Dietary requirements are catered for: vegetarian, vegan, gluten free and food allergies – please advise us upon booking)
- Fruit Platters while boarding. Tea & coffee available all day while boat stationary. Water fountain to fill your water bottle
- Glass of wine, cheese & crackers on return journey
- Assistance for non-confident swimmers from friendly crew
- Stinger suits are included with your trip during jellyfish season in the tropics
- Boomnetting – “The Wild Ride” (weather permitting)
- A complete family friendly tour
- Reef tax, fuel levy & national park fees for visiting the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park are included in this trip cost
- 07:30 – Board the boat Compass, at Cairns Marina ‘Marlin Wharf Berth 18’, for check-in.
- View map to Cairns Marlin Marina
- 08:00 –Approximately depart Cairns to the Outer Great Barrier Reef. Safety talk, snorkel and dive briefings
- 10:30 – Arrive at your first Great Barrier Reef Location
- 12:30 – BBQ Lunch with fresh salads
- 13:00 – Cruise to 2nd Reef Location
- 15:30 – Depart the Great Barrier Reef
- 17:30 – Approximate Arrival time at Cairns Marina
- Scuba diving for introductory divers and certified divers. Minimum age is 12 and medical conditions do apply.
- Dive Guide for a guided tour around the reef. Scuba dive with a buddy or pay for a guided scuba dive with one of our wonderful crew. Travelling alone? The friendly Compass Cruises team will happily organise a buddy for you on the day if you wish to dive without a guide.
- Glass Bottom Boat Tour (weather permitting)
- Wetsuit Hire (Great for flotation and warmth)
- Underwater Digital Camera Hire
- Snack Bar Purchases: Soft drinks, chocolate, chips, alcohol etc.
- Prescription Mask Hire if you require stronger lenses to see (contact lenses can be worn in most circumstances)
- Bus transfers from accommodation to and from the Cairns Marina.
What to Bring
- Proof of qualification as a Certified Diver
- Cash or credit card for purchases
- Swimming Clothes, Towel, Hat, Sunglasses, Sun Cream
Compass Cruises departs from Cairns Marina: ‘Marlin Wharf berth 18’ View map to Cairns Marlin Marina
Boarding commences at 7:30 am for an approximate 8:00 am departure, directly on the boat ‘Compass’Arrive back to Cairns Marina at approximately 5:30 pm
Important Information for Scuba Diving
We have a passion to show you Australia’s Great Barrier Reef so please make sure you understand the scuba diving laws.
Queensland, Australia has some of the strictest scuba diving rules in the world but also the safest scuba diving record. We are regulated by the Queensland Government Code of Practice and comply with all rules including medical as is the law.
To avoid disappointment on your day of travel we strongly recommend that all of our passengers complete our dive medical questionnaire prior to booking as some medical conditions, age and / or medications may prevent you from scuba diving.
It is always our mission to provide our passengers with the very best Great Barrier Reef experience.
We are very happy to help you with any questions you may have. Please Contact our office you can find a live chat option on our website or telephone us on +61 07 4037 2700 or email us at [email protected]
Or alternatively, you may like to consult your own Doctor for a Dive Medical using the Australian Standard Forms ‘AS.4005.1
Flying after Scuba Diving
For a single no decompression scuba dive, you should not fly or go to altitude for at least 18 hours after a scuba dive. For multiple dives you should not fly for 24 hours after your last dive.If Skydiving or Hot Air Ballooning you must wait 24 hours after your dive. We recommend waiting a minimum 24 hours whenever possible